Saturday, April 5, 2008

Life in Ketchikan





Ok, its been a few weeks since I last posted. My first 2 weeks at work have been amazingly busy and overwhelming but I think I am handling it all just fine. So I started my 2nd travel assignment in Ketchikan, AK. I am working at the Ketchikan General Hospital in outpatient which means I am doing a lot of hand therapy. This is a completely new area of practice for me so its overwhelming. I have excellent support from my co-workers which makes it easier for me to adjust. I am learning tons and actually enjoying it. I have co-workers that go hiking every weekend which makes it nice to get out with the locals and other travelers. We're just one big happy family! Oh, notice the empty walkway? Well, in about 2-3 weeks it is going to be filled with thousands of people. Apparently, Ketchikan ports about 10-11 cruise ships a day. It is going to be crazy here! The madness begins at the end of the month. Fun times!

4 comments:

melandriley said...

I didn't know there was rain forests in Alaska. I just think of it as cold and snowy. I'm going to learn so much from you.

Bev said...

Sounds fun! Good thing you're good at making friends. I remember you used to drive me crazy (I almost quit being your friend) because you would say sorry for everything!

SHARLA HARRISON said...

Bev, your right. I did say "I'm sorry" way to much. Sorry:)> Luckily, times have change and people want to be my friend even when I'm not the nicest person to them in the beginning. I like to give people a hard time especially when I first meet them. I guess if they can put up with me, then they are friends!

carolee said...

Sharla!! This is Carolee. How are you?! I found your blog off of Lisa's. I can't believe you are living in Ketchikan. My husband sooooo wants to live there. I hope everything is going well for you. It looks like you are having a ton of fun. If you want to, you can look at my blog too. www.jaynesfam.blogspot.com. Take care!! :)

Carolee